LOCATION: Surprise, AZ, United States
Speech Language Pathologist SLP
We are currently seeking a Speech Language Pathologist for a full-time position working with PreK-12 students in the Surprise, AZ area. Eligible candidates must be a licensed/certified Speech Language Pathologist in the state of AZ and have a valid Certification of Clinical Competence.
- Arizona Standard Speech-Language Certification.
- Arizona Department of Health Speech Language Pathologist License
- Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology.
- Certification of Clinical Competence preferred.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC).
- Assists and guides teachers in observing, describing, and referring students with suspected and identified speech and language impairments.
- Conducts a thorough screening, assessment and diagnosis of speech, voice, and language
impairments; interprets results to parents and teachers and writes appropriate recommendations and reports.
- Develops, implements, and monitors IEPs for students eligible for speech and language services.
- Assists in proper referrals of individuals to agencies and specialists in the community, as appropriate.
- Provides appropriate individualized programs of therapy to meet individual student’s needs and correct existing speech and/or language dysfunction.
- Collaborates with classroom teachers and other school staff members to implement therapy by suggestions for the student’s daily activities.
- Provides information and support to parents and families when appropriate.
- Provides in-service education and serves as a consultant to teachers and school staff members on topics concerning speech services.
- Keeps thorough ongoing records for the individual student receiving therapy or other school provided speech services.
- Participates in professional growth activities and keeps abreast of new developments in the field.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors.
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.