LOCATION: Surprise, AZ, United States
School-Based Speech-Language Pathologist SLP – Surprise (RF: 2706)
We are currently seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) for a full-time position working with K-12 students in the Surprise, AZ area. The position will start in early August and continue through the end of the 2023-2024 school year. Eligible candidates must be a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist (CCC preferred) in the state of Arizona and have a valid AZ IVP FPCC.
- Current Arizona Standard Speech-Language Pathologist Certification
- Current Arizona Department of Health Speech Language Pathologist License
- American Hearing and Speech Association Clinical Certification of Competence preferred
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Must have Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC)
- Must have excellent references
- Identifying children’s developmental speech and communication difficulties/disorders.
- Assessing and treating swallowing and communication difficulties arising from a range of causes devising, implementing, and revising relevant treatment programs.
- Assessing communication environments.
- Monitoring and evaluating clients’ progress.
- Working with clients on a one-to-one basis, and in groups, to deliver therapy.
- Writing and maintaining confidential client case notes and reports, as well as information for clients, caregivers and other professionals.
- Coordinates speech-language services with student services provided by other school personnel.
- Maintains records of the speech-language program and prepares progress reports as required.
- Conducts speech and language screenings, evaluations, re-evaluations, additional testing, and assessments as required.
- Obtains additional diagnostic information from appropriate persons and available records for speech-language purposes.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Conduct collaborative assessments using evidence-based practices to identify students with communication disorders, as well as inform instruction and intervention.
- Address personal, social, emotional, academic, and vocational needs that impact educational goals.
- Assist in development, reevaluation, and continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s).
- Support the interrelationships across the language processes of listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2706