LOCATION: Minersville, PA, United States
School Social Worker – Minersville (RF: 1899)
We are currently seeking two School Social Workers for full-time, school-based positions in the Minersville, PA area. The caseload will be approximately 45 students. There are 2 positions available, one working with elementary students and one working with middle/high school students. Eligible candidates must be a PA Licensed Social Worker and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must be a PA Licensed Social Worker
- Must have a Master’s Degree
- Must have up-to-date PA clearances
- Conduct formal and informal assessments of student functioning, developmental history, family and community structure, interpersonal relationships, adaptive behavior, and cultural factors that may influence learning
- Use student, family, school, and community assessment to develop appropriate interventions to improve student learning
- Develop intervention plans consistent with School Social Worker guidelines to meet student needs, strengths, social and cognitive functioning, and cultural experiences
- Assist in the planning of therapeutic, remedial, and behavioral modification activities provided by the educational agency
- Provide crisis and emergency assistance including support to students in need and participation in threat assessment and related initiatives.
- Assist in training school personnel to be able to identify the signs and impact of trauma in students and families and coordinate or support initiatives to develop institutional culture and climate
- Consult and collaborate with educational agency personnel, parents, and community resources in areas that impact student learning (e.g., mental health, behavior management, school safety diversity, crisis management, bullying prevention, child abuse, and neglect)
- Assist staff in collaborating with community agencies and organizations
- Promote collaboration among community health, mental health, and welfare service providers and facilitate greater access to these services for students
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1899