We all love Summer. The warm months filled with much-needed relaxation, vacation, endless BBQs and cool treats leave most of us wishing August would never come to an end. Doesn’t it feel as though this Summer has flown by! How is it already time to begin thinking about getting ready for Fall, and S-C-H-O-O-L?!
Buying all the necessary school supplies may turn into a stressful process. It takes a lot of time and preparation and odds are it will cost a pretty penny. Ask teachers – they know!
That being said, we wanted to share some tips to help you avoid paying top dollar for school supplies:
1. Say it one more time: Coupons! Coupons! Coupons! Buying more while spending less always makes shopping more appealing.
Here are some deals that stores are offering this year:
- A valid educator ID will get you a 15% discount on all store’s items, plus sale items at Michaels.
- A school ID, Preschool, Daycare Facility, or Art Educator certificate or license will also get you 15% off your entire purchase of both sale and regular priced items at C. Moore.
- If you’re a big fan of online shopping, visit K12 School Supplies to find all back-to-school stuff with 30%, 50%, and even 80% discounts!
2. Participate on Social Media. What can be better than getting school supply goodies for FREE? Good news! Staples is launching “The Teachers Appreciation Sweepstakes” and giving away free sample kits of school supplies. All participants will also get a chance to win the Grand Prize – a package of school supplies valued at $500!
Sounds exciting, right?! Here is what you can do for your chance to win:
- Take a selfie with the kit that you got from Staples
- Post your selfie on Social Media via Twitter or Instagram
- Write a caption about why you love being a teacher
- Include hashtag #StaplesLovesTeachers
Keep in mind that a valid teacher ID is required to participate. Visit their website for more details.
3. Plan your outfits. Back-to school shopping is not exclusively about school supplies. Refreshing your wardrobe is also a priority. Students and teachers looking for classic must-haves, check out these deals:
- Banana Republic is offering 15% off all full-priced items! Just show your valid student or teacher ID.
- If you’re doing a little online shopping, J.Crew is offering a 15% discount on all online purchases as well as in stores at J.Crew Factory and J.Crew Mercantile. Click here to check you eligibility and start shopping!
- Still looking for some more? Loft is also offering a 15% discount on all in-store purchases for school teachers (valid teacher ID is required).
4. Do not rush! Not all discounts or “best-price” deals are offered only during teacher appreciation week. Barnes & Noble gives a 20% discount to teachers, counselors, reading coaches, and principals YEAR-ROUND! All you need to do is sign up for the B&N Educator Program and stay up-to-date with their offers.
5. Stay focused. When it comes to shopping for school supplies, the best thing to do to maximize your savings is to make a list of everything you need. Yes, I know you have heard it before, but it really works! Making a list keeps you focused and saves you money because you’ll only buy what you need.
In hopes we made your back-to-school shopping a little less hectic – Have a great school year and happy shopping!