LOCATION: Allentown, PA, United States
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS)
We are urgently seeking a Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) member for a part-time to eventually full-time caseload working with children and adolescents in the Allentown, PA area. Eligible candidates must have availability during the day and evening.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Education, Criminal Justice, or other human service field. If one of the above degrees is held, no work experience is required
- OR Bachelor’s degree with any other disciplines and one (1) year verified full-time paid experience working in direct contact with children/adolescents is required
- OR be a Registered Nurse, and have one (1) year of verified full-time, paid experience working in direct contact with children/adolescents is required
- OR an Associates Degree or 60 Credits toward a Bachelor’s Degree, or a Licensed Practical Nurse with three (3) years of verified full-time, paid work experience working directly with children/adolescents
- Ability to keep pace with active children
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be able to perform CPR using agency-trained protocols
- Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Must have current, valid driver’s license in state of residence, 3 years driving experience, and an acceptable driving record
- Provide one-to-one assistance to children/adolescents with behavior disorders in the school setting based on medical needs of the client
- Prompt interventions in the areas of: behavior management, conflict resolution, anger management, and peer interaction skills based on the treatment plan goals provided by a Behavior Specialist Consultant
- Collect daily data and document progress notes in a prescribed format for each session with the child
- Implement treatment plan and interventions
- Promote developmentally appropriate behaviors
- Maintain client caseload and utilization of hours
- Utilize ABA interventions
- Transfer skill to family/school/etc
- Engage in supervision and training
- Complete clinical documentation
- Utilize crisis plans
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.