LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Bilingual Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS)
We are urgently seeking a Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) member for a full-time caseload working with a student in the Philadelphia, PA area. Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree. Bilingual candidates (English/Spanish) are preferred.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree (In Psychology, Behavioral Health, or a related field.)
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First-Aid.
- Must have a genuine passion for working with students who have special needs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates preferred.
- Provide one-to-one assistance to children/adolescents with behavior disorders in the school setting based on medical needs of the client
- Prompt interventions in the areas of: behavior management, conflict resolution, anger management, and peer interaction skills based on the treatment plan goals provided by a Behavior Specialist Consultant
- Collect daily data and document progress notes in a prescribed format for each session with the child
- Implement treatment plan and interventions
- Promote developmentally appropriate behaviors
- Maintain client caseload and utilization of hours
- Utilize ABA interventions
- Transfer skill to family/school/etc
- Engage in supervision and training
- Complete clinical documentation
- Utilize crisis plans
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.