LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Therapeutic Support Staff TSS
We are urgently seeking Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) members for a full-time positions working with children in the Philadelphia, PA area. TSS will provide therapeutic support to children in their home, school, and other community settings and implement clinical interventions from a behavioral treatment plan to assist children in making positive and sustainable changes. Eligible candidates must have at least 15 total hours of training, with 6 of those hours in ABA. Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates are preferred.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Sociology, Education, Criminal Justice, or other human services field.
- Will consider a candidate with an Associate’s Degree or 60 credits toward a Bachelor’s Degree if candidate has three (3) years verified full-time paid work experience working in direct care with children/adolescents.
- Will also consider candidates who are Licensed Registered Nurses or candidates with degrees in another field if they have one (1) year verified full-time paid work experience working in direct care with children/adolescents.
- Must have up-to-date clearances (from within one year) and valid CPR/First-Aid.
- Must have 15 total hours of training, with 6 hours of ABA.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred.
- Provide therapeutic support to children in their home, school & other community settings.
- Implement clinical interventions from a behavioral treatment plan to assist children in making positive and sustainable changes.
- Provide one-to-one assistance to children/adolescents with behavior disorders in the school setting based on medical needs of the client
- Prompt interventions in the areas of: behavior management, conflict resolution, anger management, and peer interaction skills based on the treatment plan goals provided by a Behavior Specialist Consultant
- Collect daily data and document progress notes in a prescribed format for each session with the child
- Implement treatment plan and interventions
- Promote developmentally appropriate behaviors
- Maintain client caseload and utilization of hours
- Utilize ABA interventions
- Transfer skill to family/school/etc
- Engage in supervision and training
- Complete clinical documentation
- Utilize crisis plans
- Attend training sessions, in-service workshops, and update skills as necessary.
- Assist students in activities of daily living and personal care skills, as needed including physically positioning students as or assisting with the mobility of students with physical challenges.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.