LOCATION: Surprise, AZ, United States
Teacher Vision Impaired TVI
We are currently seeking a Teacher for the Visually Impaired (TVI) to work with students in the Surprise, AZ area. Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree and an AZ Special Education Teacher’s Certification for Visually Impaired.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- State of Arizona Special Education Teacher’s Certification for Visually Impaired.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZIVP FPCC).
- Administers appropriate assessment to students’ to evaluate skill level, progress and achievement, when necessary or at the direction of the support specialist.
- Provides instruction consistent with students’ Individualized Education Plans, using strategies, methods and material appropriate to the learner’s abilities, need and learning style.
- Develops materials and behavioral management strategies which will enable more effective learning.
- Participates as a member of the student study team when appropriate and provides consultation and assistance in writing modified programs for students in the mainstream.
- Recommends adapted equipment or alternatives, as appropriate, to promote student success in all environments.
- Participates in the Multi-Disciplinary conferences, IEP meetings and parent conferences as needed or appropriate.
- Participates in the development of IEP’s for students as needed and appropriate.
- Consults with parents, staff and outside agencies as appropriate or necessary.
- Identifies and requests materials, supplies and equipment to enable implementation of IEP goals and objectives, including adaptive equipment and large print material for students within specified timelines.
- Maintains and submits in a timely manner accurate class lists, IEP data for measuring progress towards objectives, IEP Quarterly and Semester Reviews and other required district and compliance documentation.
- Schedules, plans and implements direct and consultation services and arranges for Orientation and Mobility services for referred or qualified students as indicated by in IEP or team determination.
- Performs functional screening assessments on students referred by the nurse, support specialist or student study team.
- Performs initial evaluations and re-evaluation on referred students when indicated
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors.
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality