LOCATION: Surprise, AZ, United States
Teacher for the Visually Impaired TVI – Surprise
We are currently seeking a Teacher for the Visually Impaired (TVI) for a full-time position working with students in the Surprise, AZ area. Eligible candidates must have an AZ Special Education Teacher’s Certification for Visually Impaired and must have experience as a TVI in a school setting.
- State of Arizona Special Education Teacher’s Certification for Visually Impaired.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid AZ Fingerprint Card
- Evaluate, prepare and implement educational services for referred and qualified Vision Impaired students of varying degrees district wide, as required by state and federal regulations.
- Develop and maintain appropriate communication with parents, staff and outside agencies as appropriate for students’ educational needs.
- Administers appropriate assessment to students’ to evaluate skill level, progress and achievement, when necessary or at the direction of the psychologist or support specialist.
- Provides instruction consistent with students’ Individualized Education Plans, using strategies, methods and material appropriate to the learner’s abilities, need and learning style.
- Participates in the development of IEP’s for students as needed and appropriate.
- Consults with parents, staff and outside agencies as appropriate or necessary.
- Identifies and requests materials, supplies and equipment to enable implementation of IEP goals and objectives, including adaptive equipment and large print material for students within specified timelines.
- Schedules, plans and implements direct and consultation services and arranges for Orientation and Mobility services for referred or qualified students as indicated by in IEP or team determination.
- Performs functional screening assessments on students referred by the nurse, support specialist or student study team.
- Performs initial evaluations and re-evaluation on referred students when indicated
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1418