LOCATION: Fox River Grove, IL, United States
Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TOVI)
We are seeking a certified Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TOVI) for a part-time position working with PK-8 students in the Fox River Grove, IL area. This position starts immediately, continues through the school year, and is very flexible.
- Must be a licensed/certified TOVI in the state of Illinois.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Providing direct and consultative special education services specific to vision loss/impairment.
- Effectively adapting academic activities and materials to students’ abilities.
- Conducting on-going observations of students to determine effective adaptations in academic situations and environments.
- Assist in development of and provide continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s).
- Reevaluate IEP’s when necessary.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.