LOCATION: Warminster, PA, United States18974
Teacher of the Hearing Impaired THI
We are currently seeking a Teacher of the Hearing Impaired (THI) for a full-time position working with K-12 students in the Warminster, PA area. THI will be responsible for creating schedules/scheduling make up sessions, communicating and working with parents, administrators, teachers, support staff, etc., and developing rapport with students. Candidates with experience writing evaluations/504s/IEPs and working in a public school setting are preferred.
- Must have a Master’s Degree
- Must have THI Certification.
- Must have up-to-date clearances
- Experience writing evaluations/504s/IEPs, preferred.
- Previous experience working in a public school setting, preferred.
- Serves as a resource person providing information to students, LEA staff, and parents
- Evaluates and determines appropriate itinerant services based on student needs
- Coordinates with the educational audiologist to provide general in-service training to teachers and other LEA and AEA staff
- Provides ongoing support to teachers regarding the needs of the D/HOH student
- Provides direct services to D/HOH students through individual, small group and/or classroom instruction with the use of appropriate mode of communication
- Provides team teaching with classroom teacher as needed
- Uses assistive technology with student
- Contacts educational audiologist regarding assistive technology concerns
- Advocates for D/HOH students