LOCATION: Fogelsville, PA, United States18051
Summer Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking a Special Education Teacher for a part-time position working with elementary school students during the Extended School Year ESY program in a school in the Fogelsville, PA area. This position starts July 8th, 2019 and ends July 25th, 2019, with a schedule of Monday-Thursday, 8:45am-12:15pm.
- Must be a certified Special Education teacher in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education.
- Must have up-to-date clearances.
- Plans and implements direct instruction in all core subject areas as needed per IEP
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom for organization and maximum instructional opportunities
- Instructs individuals and groups
- Monitors student progress
- Tracks data on monitoring and on IEP goals
- Adapts or Modifies curriculum as needed for appropriate instructional level of students
- Follows special education department procedures for developing, holding, and turning in student documentation including, but not limited to, IEPs, MET reports, Progress notes, and report cards
- Maintains effective contact with parents
- Administers, scores and writes reports for achievement testing
- Collaborates with general education teachers having students on IEPs in their classes
- Trains paraprofessionals to support students in general education classes both academically and behaviorally and to gather data on goals
- Participates in Professional Leaning Committees when appropriate
- Ensures appropriate accommodations are in place for general education classroom teacher to implement
- Develops an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student