LOCATION: Reno, NV, United States
Study Skills Teacher
We are currently seeking a Study Skills Teacher for a part-time (about 29 hours/week) position working with high school students in the Reno, NV area. Study Skills Teacher will be responsible for guiding students through their transition from high school to college.
- Must have Secondary or High School Teaching Certification.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related area.
- Must have up-to-date clearances and fingerprinting.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of college transition process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Instructional leadership.
- Coordination of college preparation seminars.
- Planning and implementation of college readiness and career development skills.
- Monitoring, guiding, and counseling students toward their college goals.
- Manage and educate students in a classroom setting.
- Develop and implement engaging lesson plans.
- Adhere to established teaching curriculum.
- Maintain positive relationships with students and parents.
- Document and share student progress.
- Maintain the health and safety of all students.