LOCATION: Oswego, IL, United States
Speech Language Pathologist SLP
We are currently seeking a Speech Language Pathologist SLP for a full-time, temporary position working with elementary school students in the Oswego, IL area. This position is coverage for a maternity leave and is expected to last from the beginning of April 2019 through the end of May 2019. Candidate should be experienced in working with expressive and receptive language skills and articulation issues.
- Must have valid/registered Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with Speech Language Pathologist endorsement
- Must have a Master’s Degree.
- Must have CHRI Check.
- Must have up-to-date clearances.
- Implements appropriate therapies to meet students’ speech/language needs.
- Submits end of ESY reports for student’s file and to next year’s speech therapist.
- Works cooperatively with staff to accomplish students’ IEP goals.
- Maintains appropriate data on students to document current levels of performance and other pertinent information.
- Consults with parents, teachers, and other appropriate staff regarding the student’s performance in the classroom.
- Collaborates with school staff in implementing strategies to promote student learning.
- Provides staff consultation on speech/language issues affecting student participation in the learning process.
- Supports and implements District policies and procedures, regulations, and administrative directives.
- Adheres to the ethical standards and codes of the profession and to the established rules, regulations, and laws governing special education
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.