LOCATION: Beattyville, KY, United States41311
Speech Language Pathologist SLP
We are currently seeking a Speech Language Pathologist for a full-time position working with K-12 students in the Beattyville, KY area for the 2019-2020 school year. SLP would have a flexible schedule and will split time between two schools that are less than 5 miles apart. Eligible candidates must be licensed Speech Language Pathologists in the state of Kentucky and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must be a licensed/certified Speech Language Pathologist in the state of Kentucky.
- Must have Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Must have up-to-date clearances.
- Assesses students’ communication skills (e.g. articulation, language, fluency, voice, etc.) for the purpose of determining their communication needs deficits and developing recommendations.
- Consults with teachers, parents, other personnel and/or outside professionals for the purpose of providing requested information, developing plans for services and/or making recommendations.
- Facilitates meetings (e.g. IEP conferences, parent meetings, in-services, etc.) for the purpose of developing plans and/or providing information regarding students’ functional goals.
- Instructs students for the purpose of implementing goals for remediation of speech and language deficits.
- Prepares documentation (e.g. evaluations, observations, progress, contacts with parents, teachers and outside professionals, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support, developing recommendations, and/or conveying information.
- Presents information on various topics related to area of professional expertise for the purpose of communicating information and gaining feedback on treatment tissues.
- Researches resources and methods (i.e. intervention and treatment techniques, assessment tools and methods, community resources, etc.) for the purpose of determining appropriate approach for students’ speech and language services.
- Screens students for the purpose of determining the need for further individualized assessment.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Participates in various meetings (e.g. parent conferences, in-service training, site meetings, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or providing information and/or meeting credential requirements.
- Directs support staff to assist with the delivery of services (SLPA or other classified employees)
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.