LOCATION: Green Cove Springs, FL, United States32043
Speech Language Pathologist SLP
We are currently seeking a Speech Language Pathologist for a full-time position working with elementary students in the Green Cove Springs, FL area. Eligible candidates must have their Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a valid Florida Speech-Language Pathology license/certificate.
- Must have a Master’s Degree.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Serves as a resource to school staff members in the development of a balanced program for oral communication and speech improvement
- Provides a therapeutic program to meet individual needs of communication disordered children
- Assists and guides teachers in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified speech, language, and hearing delays
- Provides a thorough assessment and diagnosis of speech, voice, fluency, hearing, and language delays
- Assists in proper referrals of individuals to agencies and specialists in the community as appropriate
- Provides appropriate individualized programs of therapy to meet individual students’ needs and correct existing speech or language handicaps
- Collaborates with classroom teachers and other school staff members to implement therapy by providing suggestions for the student’s daily activities
- Provides information, support, and counseling about speech and language handicaps to parents and families when appropriate
- Provides in-service education and serves as a consultant to teachers and school staff members on topics concerning communication improvement
- Keeps thorough ongoing records for the individual student receiving therapy or other school-provided speech language services
- Maintains lists of referred, screened, and eligible students, as well as a directory of outside agencies, consultants, specialists, and related services
- Compiles case history data on those cases where additional family history, health history, early developmental history, and environmental history are deemed appropriate
- Assumes primary responsibility for requisitioning and maintaining needed equipment and supplies
- Demonstrates sensitivity in dealing with students of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, cognitive and physical abilities as well as with students of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Performs other duties as assigned