LOCATION: Yuma, AZ, United States
Special Education Teacher (2018-2019 School Year)
We are currently seeking certified Special Education Teachers for full time positions working with elementary and middle school students in the Yuma, AZ area. This position is for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Arizona.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- AZ Dept. of Ed. Cross Categorical (preferred).
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans.
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student.
- Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each student’s abilities.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.