LOCATION: Maricopa, AZ, United States
Special Education Teacher (2018-2019 School Year)
We are currently seeking certified Special Education Teachers for full time positions working with students in grades 3 through 12 in the Maricopa, AZ area. This position is for the 2018-2019 school year and starts in the fall.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Arizona.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans.
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student.
- Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each student’s abilities.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.