LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
SPED Certified Case Manager
We are seeking a Special Education Case Manager for a part-time position working directly with Director of School Supports in a school in the Philadelphia, PA area. Eligible candidates must have solid computer skills and experience with using an IEP-writing software. Eligible candidates must be a certified Special Education teacher in Pennsylvania with 2-3 years of experience. The schedule is a minimum of 10 hours/week on campus; could be more if the candidate is willing to do case management work AND some direct academic support with students.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have 2-3 years experience, including case management. t
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Case management of 20-30 students.
- Email/call parents and students as needed.
- Create all necessary Special Education documents.
- Administer present level assessments and gather teacher input.
- Draft IEPs, facilitate IEP meetings, schedule IEP Meetings.
- Monitor student progress.
- Set up file/programming for new enrollees.
- Participate in student meetings regarding attendance, grades, etc.
- Provide necessary info to administration or teachers.
- Assist teachers in supporting Special Education students/delivering required services.
- Student Support: May include participating in live lessons with students and providing 1:1 follow up support, individual support, or tutoring sessions for Math or Literacy.
- Work with Regular Education teacher to provide accommodations or modify live lesson or virtual curriculum
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Develop individualized and/or group instruction to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Provide transitional support in inclusive/integrated learning environments as an aide to designated students.
- Assist in the development of and provide continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s).
- Reevaluate IEP’s when necessary.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties.
- Recognition and respect for diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.