LOCATION: Westminster, CO, United States 80021
Special Education Teacher – Westminster (RF: 2461)
We are currently seeking a Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with students in the Westminster, CO area. This position is for the 2022-2023 school year and begins ASAP. The daily schedule will be Monday-Friday from about 7:30am until 3:30pm. Eligible candidates must have a Colorado Special Education Certification, clear background checks, and up-to-date vaccine records.
- Colorado Special Education Certification required
- Experience with Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support strategies for children/adolescents
- Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Must be able to complete and provide proof of current influenza vaccination
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption prior to start date
- The Diana Screen
- Planning and implementing academic and affective programming
- Review and implement each student’s individualized treatment plan
- Be an active team member in carrying out treatment goals
- Maintains current IEPs (written within the past 365 days).
- Coordinates with other members of the IEP team (including related service providers) to ensure that services are provided as written in the IEP
- Coordinates with regular education teachers to ensure compliance regarding accommodations and modifications.
- Ensures that IEPs are compliant with federal, state and district guidelines.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student’s achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress towards learning targets, objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2461