LOCATION: Ventura, CA, United States
Special Education Teacher
Humanus is seeking a full time Special Education teacher to work in a school in the Ventura, CA area. This position will provide direct instruction to students identified for the program using specific teaching strategies and methodologies in the core curriculum and/or specialized curriculum.
- MUST be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of California.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Maintains a growth mindset, engaging people and tasks with a willingness to learn, listen, reflect, share, and change
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers who have special education students in general education classes, interpreting the abilities and disabilities of these students to the entire staff
- Conducts formal and informal assessments in a classroom or in the community, including assessment of verbal and non-verbal communication abilities and identify effective intervention techniques to enable the student to reach his/her fullest physical, emotional, psychological, educational, and behavioral potential
- Participates as a member of the IEP team to develop IEP goals, objectives, adaptations, accommodations, modifications and instructional plans; implements and monitors the IEP
- Designs, implements and evaluates effectiveness of lesson plans based on each individual student’s IEP Goals and Objectives
- Develops individual and group behavior management programs; provides reasonable safety precautions to protect students, staff, equipment, materials and the school facility
- Confers frequently with parents and professional staff members regarding the educational, social, and personal concerns of such students
- Keeps attendance records and all other records pertinent to the special education program for the state reports and program accountability
- Assists pupils with personal care and physical needs, such as toileting, positioning, feeding, administering medication, monitoring dietary restrictions and others, as specified by the child’s physician and directed by the school nurse