LOCATION: Arizona, USA
Special Education Teacher – Various Locations in Arizona (RF: 2279)
We are currently seeking several Special Education Teachers for full-time positions working with PreK-8th grade students in the following locations: Avondale, Casa Grande, Maricopa, North Chandler, Peoria, Queen Creek, and Phoenix, AZ. These positions will all begin immediately and continue in the 2022-2023 school year. Eligible candidates must have their Certificate in Standard Professional or Cross Cat SPED, PreK-8 Gen ED or Substitute, previous experience with K-8 students, and their AZ Fingerprint card. If you’re interested in more specific details on a location, please submit an application and one of our recruiters will be in touch.
- Must have a Certificate in Standard Professional or Cross Cat SPED, PreK-8 Gen ED or Substitute
- Must have experience working with K-8 students
- Must have a valid AZ IVP Fingerprint card
- Plans and implements direct instruction in all core subject areas as needed per IEP
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom for organization and maximum instructional opportunities
- Instructs individuals and groups
- Monitors student progress
- Tracks data on monitoring and on IEP goals
- Adapts or Modifies curriculum as needed for appropriate instructional level of students
- Follows special education department procedures for developing, holding, and turning in student documentation including, but not limited to, IEPs, MET reports, Progress notes, and report cards
- Maintains effective contact with parents
- Administers, scores, and writes reports for achievement testing
- Collaborates with general education teachers having students on IEPs in their classes
- Trains paraeducators to support students in general education classes both academically and behaviorally and to gather data on goals
- Participates in Professional Leaning Committees when appropriate
- Ensures appropriate accommodations are in place for the general education classroom teacher to implement
- Develops an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2279