LOCATION: Trenton, NJ, United States 08618
Special Education Teacher – Trenton
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with middle school students in the Trenton, NJ area. This position is currently 100% virtual but will switch to a hybrid schedule in April. The daily schedule will be Monday-Friday from 7:30 am-4:15 pm. Eligible candidates must have a valid Special Education Teaching certification in the state of New Jersey and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must have NJ Special Education Teaching Certification
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education
- Must have a recent TB Test
- Must have NJ Sexual Misconduct Release
Must have NJ Background Check
- Perform daily teaching tasks, along with extra duties (including but not limited to): grade-level, the department, and parent meetings, planning educational trips, advisory, and homeroom, lunch, recess, classroom coverage, and detention duties.
- Participate in and support school events, activities, and programs, inside and outside of school hours.
- Work closely with colleagues to build a cohesive school culture of success.
- Prepare lesson plans for your academic curriculum according to Common Core State Standards alongside your supervisor and department to continue to drive excellence in instruction.
- Regularly analyze data, monitoring progress and updating student performance trackers, and using that data to help guide your lesson plans.
- Regularly and proactively update families about student progress.
- Teach scholars through an approved course of study using board-adopted curricula, books, and other appropriate teaching materials (making sure students have access to materials)
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate that is conducive to learning and characterized by mutual respect.
- Use verbal and written communication skills effectively
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and board policy.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1627