LOCATION: Surprise, AZ, United States
Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking certified Special Education Teachers for full-time positions working with students in the Surprise, AZ area.
- Must have valid Arizona Special Education Cross Categorical K-12 certificate
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum) in Special Education or equivalent.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Maintains all aspects and provisions of confidentiality related to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Provides case management services for students on individual education plans (IEP) including all requirements related to the IEP and compliance of federal, state and district regulations/requirements
- Provides direct instruction to students as specified in the individual education plans
- Development and implementation of the full continuum of services for students that receive special education services
- Maintains accurate and complete data records as required by the district
- Serves as a consultant in the Rtl process
- Provides coaching and training to staff based on students’ individual education plans
- Maintains on-going communication (written and verbal) with parents/guardians
- Provides behavior management support and behavior intervention plan implementation to staff for students that receive special education services
- Works with staff to implement appropriate accommodations and modifications within the school setting to allow for student success
- Attends all staff meetings and professional development courses as required
- Provides a safe learning environment with an effective classroom management plan
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality
- Other job related duties as assigned.