LOCATION: Surprise, AZ, United States
Special Education Teacher (2021-2022 SY) – Surprise
We are currently seeking Special Education Teachers for full-time positions working with either K-8 or 9-12 students in the Surprise, AZ area for the 2021-2022 school year. Eligible candidates must have their Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Special Education, a valid AZ Special Education Certificate, a Structured English Immersion (SEI) endorsement, and up-to-date clearances.
- A valid AZ Special Education Certificate
- A Structured English Immersion (SEI) endorsement
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Special Education
- AZ Fingerprint card
- Valid CPI Training Certificate
- TB Test from within 1 year
- Valid Food Handlers card
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certification
- Provides case management services for students on individual education plans (IEP) including all requirements related to the IEP and compliance with federal, state, and district regulations/requirements.
- Prepares Individualized Education Plans (IEP’s) and associated documentation; attends IEP meetings and presents materials and lesson plans.
- Determines instructional materials and provides instruction to students based on individualized plan goals, approved curriculum, and applicable standards.
- Maintains accurate and complete data records as required by the district.
- Provides coaching and training to staff based on students’ individual education plans.
- Maintains ongoing communication (written and verbal) with parents/guardians.
- Provides behavior management support and behavior intervention plan implementation to staff for students that receive special education services.
- Works with staff to implement appropriate accommodations and modifications within the school setting to allow for student success.
- Attends all staff meetings and professional development courses as required.
- Provides a safe learning environment with an effective classroom management plan
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members, and vendors.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1705