LOCATION: Surprise, AZ, United States
Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking Special Education Teachers for full-time positions working with Elementary school students in the Surprise, AZ area. Eligible candidates must have their AZ SPED Cross Categorical K-12 certificate, AZ teaching certificate & meets highly qualified requirements, and AZ (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC).
- AZ SPED Cross Categorical K-12 certificate.
- AZ teaching certificate & meets highly qualified requirements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Special Education.
- AZ (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC).
- Knowledge of Arizona Special Education statutes and IDEA law.
- Knowledge of sound, research-based and approved instructional practices for students with disabilities.
- Knowledge of classroom-based assessments to drive instruction.
- Skill in providing direct instruction based on child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Plans and implements direct instruction in all core subject areas as needed per IEP
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom for organization and maximum instructional opportunities
- Instructs individuals and groups
- Monitors student progress
- Tracks data on monitoring and on IEP goals
- Adapts or Modifies curriculum as needed for appropriate instructional level of students
- Follows special education department procedures for developing, holding, and turning in student documentation including, but not limited to, IEPs, MET reports, Progress notes, and report cards
- Maintains effective contact with parents
- Administers, scores and writes reports for achievement testing
- Collaborates with general education teachers having students on IEPs in their classes
- Trains pcas to support students in general education classes both academically and behaviorally and to gather data on goals
- Participates in Professional Leaning Committees when appropriate
- Ensures appropriate accommodations are in place for general education classroom teacher to implement
- Develops an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student