LOCATION: Scottsdale, AZ, United States
Special Education Teacher ASAP or 22-23 SY- Scottsdale (RF: 2131)
We are urgently seeking Special Education Teachers for full-time (or part-time) positions working in the Scottsdale, AZ area. The school is located on a residential treatment center campus that serves 12-17 year-olds. Classrooms will have about 10-12 students each, at least one classroom aide, and present like self-contained ED classrooms. The school is looking for candidates who can start ASAP or start in the 2022-2023 school year. They also have an Extended School Year program that candidates could teach, if interested. Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education or a related field, and an AZ Fingerprint card.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum) in Special Education
- Ideal candidates will be certified in both General Education AND Special Education
- However, we will accept just an AZ SPED Certification
- Will also consider candidates willing to become emergency certified in special education
- Must have AZ Fingerprint Card
- Creates and administers a student program that is conducive to student learning and development
- Uses a variety of techniques for learning and implements interdisciplinary activities, educational technologies, and collaborative work with other teachers in grade bands
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities
- Develop individualized and/or group instruction to meet the diverse needs of students
- Provide transitional support in inclusive/integrated learning environments as an aide to designated students
- Assist in the development of and provide continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s)
- Reevaluate IEP’s when necessary
- Family-school collaboration services
- Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties
- Recognition and respect for diversity in development and learning
- Research and program evaluations
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning perform
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.