LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA, United States 15222
Special Education Teacher – Pittsburgh (RF: 2644)
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with students in the Pittsburgh, PA 15222 area. The position begins immediately and continues again next school year. Eligible candidates must have a valid PA Special Education Teaching License and up-to-date PA clearances.
- Must be a certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Pennsylvania
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year of teaching experience is preferred
- Must have up-to-date PA Clearances
- Perform a variety of assessments and observations to determine the areas in which the student may need extra or modified educational services. Assessment areas may include academic performance, behavior, social development, or physical health.
- Identify specific needs and build individual lesson plans in accordance with those specific needs.
- Design, implement, and monitor Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Develop an integrated plan for the education of each child by collaborating with classroom teachers, parents, social workers, and other medical and school staff.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to ensure each students needs are met and plans are followed.
- Monitor students’ behaviors, providing interventions when needed.
- Collaborate with parents/guardians of students enrolled in special education programs to keep them informed of their child’s performance and progress.
- Communicates with the transportation department to arrange for transportation of special education students.
- Develop, complete, and maintain all paperwork mandated by local, state, and federal guidelines, laws, and regulations.
- Celebrate the achievements and successes of students.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2644