LOCATION: Phoenixville, PA, United States 19460
Remote Special Education Teacher 7-12 – Phoenixville
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with 7th-12th-grade students in the Phoenixville, PA area. The position is virtual for now, but candidates must be willing to teach on campus when students are back in school. Eligible candidates must have a valid PA Special Education Certification (highly qualified 7-12 math preferred), and up-to-date PA clearances.
- Must be a certified Special Education Teacher N-12 in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Highly qualified 7-12 math preferred
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- FBI Fingerprint
- PA Criminal Background Check
- PA Child Abuse clearance
- Act 168, Act 24
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students
- Develop and maintain Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student within the timelines required through IDEA
- Plan, organize and assign activities that are specific to each student’s abilities
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and in one-on-one
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress and goals
- Supervise and mentor teacher assistants who work with students with disabilities
- Prepare and help students progress from grade to grade, including planning for transition services post-high school if applicable to the needs of the student Manage student behavior. This may include intervening in crisis situations and physically restraining students as necessary according to IEP.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences to discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, principals, and administrators.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1579