LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ, United States
Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking Special Education Teachers for the 2019-2020 School Year for full-time positions working with either elementary or middle school students in the Phoenix, AZ area. The school year starts at the beginning of August. Eligible candidates must be certified in Special Education in the state of Arizona.
- Must have Special Education Teaching Certificate.
- Must have valid AZ IVP Fingerprint card.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree.
- Up-to-date clearances.
- 2-3 letters of recommendation.
- Plans and implements direct instruction in all core subject areas as needed per IEP
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom for organization and maximum instructional opportunities
- Instructs individuals and groups
- Monitors student progress
- Tracks data on monitoring and on IEP goals
- Adapts or Modifies curriculum as needed for appropriate instructional level of students
- Follows special education department procedures for developing, holding, and turning in student documentation including, but not limited to, IEPs, MET reports, Progress notes, and report cards
- Maintains effective contact with parents
- Administers, scores and writes reports for achievement testing
- Collaborates with general education teachers having students on IEPs in their classes
- Trains pcas to support students in general education classes both academically and behaviorally and to gather data on goals
- Participates in Professional Leaning Committees when appropriate
- Ensures appropriate accommodations are in place for general education classroom teacher to implement
- Develops an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student