LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ, United States
Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with middle school students in the Phoenix, AZ area. Candidates must be SPED certified in the state of Arizona and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Arizona.
- Must have SEI Endorsement.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances/fingerprint clearance card.
- Must have excellent references/letters of recommendation.
- Must have previous school experience.
- Provide support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for developing students ‘with special needs success in academics, interpersonal skills and/or activities of daily living.
- Supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas.
- Developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines.
- Collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues.
- Responding to a wide range of inquiries from students’ parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans.
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student.
- Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each student’s abilities.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.