LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Special Education Teacher
We are seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with K-2 students in the Philadelphia, PA area. Typical caseloads will be about 10 students. Special Education teacher will use a push-in/pull-out model depending on each student’s need. This position will continue through the end of the school year (June 2019). Eligible candidates must have PA teaching certificate in Special Education K-8.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education (K-8) Teacher in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Develop individualized and/or group instruction to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Provide transitional support in inclusive/integrated learning environments as an aide to designated students.
- Assist in the development of and provide continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s).
- Reevaluate IEP’s when necessary.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties.
- Recognition and respect for diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning perform