LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking certified Special Education Teachers for several full-time positions working with K-8 students in the Philadelphia, PA area. These positions are for the 2019-2020 school year and begin mid-August. Eligible candidates must be certified Special Education Teachers in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the school goals and objectives
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide for effective teaching strategies and maximize student time on task
- Plans and implements a program of study designed to meet individual needs of students
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning, by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies
- Encourage student enthusiasm for the learning process and the development of good study habits
- Completes progress reports and trimester report cards, as scheduled
- Prepares substitute folder containing appropriate information and copies, as required by Administration
- Plans and prescribes purposeful assignments for pcas, interventionists, tutors, and volunteers, as needed
- Recognizes learning problems and makes referrals, as appropriate
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of content matter
- Uses effective oral and written expression
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and is willing to share this knowledge for continual improvement of the school’s curriculum
- Develops, in accordance with school guidelines, reasonable rules of classroom behavior and appropriate techniques that are consistently applied
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Supervises all assigned students during the school day, inside and (when necessary) outside the school building.
- Upholds and enforces board policy, administrative procedures, school rules and regulations, and is supportive of them to the public
- Works cooperatively and communicates with parents to strengthen the educational program for their children
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other staff members
- Maintains membership in appropriate professional organizations
- Cooperates with the administration in planning and participating in appropriate in-service training programs at a school or district level
- Evaluates accomplishment of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment methods such as teacher made tests, samples of students’work, mastery skill check lists, criterion-referenced tests and norm-referenced tests and provided on-line assessment tools
- Makes appropriate adjustments in the instructional program, as required by the administration
- Respects the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents, and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics, and state and federal laws