LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with middle school or high school students in the Philadelphia, PA area. Candidates must be SPED certified in the state of Pennsylvania and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans.
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student.
- Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each student’s abilities.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.