LOCATION: Memphis, TN, United States 38126
Special Education Teacher – Memphis (RF: 2630)
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with students in the Memphis, TN area. The position starts immediately and, if interested, will continue next school year. Eligible candidates must have a valid TN Teaching License and up-to-date clearances.
- Must be a certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Tennessee
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and proof of education
- Must have clear background clearances
- Conducts assessments, testing, and diagnostic examinations of students to identify learning issues, and recommends courses of action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning.
- Participates in PPTs and assists in developing Individual Educational Plans (“IEP”) for students.
- Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students’ IEPs and behavior management plans.
- Coordinates with outside agencies, organizations, and institutions, including state and federal authorities as needed.
- Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual students’ abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with social work services.
- Serves as a ready resource to students and parents to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and behavioral management; serves as a liaison between home and school.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops, or professional meetings, conducting research, and maintaining professional relationships with members of institutions of higher learning and the business community.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and providing student information to prospective colleges and employers, as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Assists in the orientation of new teachers, and provides in-service training in guidance.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, aids, and other supplies and equipment and maintain inventory records.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2630