LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV, United States 89113
Special Education Teacher – Las Vegas (RF: 2281)
We are currently seeking several Special Education Teachers for full-time positions working with PreK-8th grade students in the Las Vegas, NV area. These positions will all begin immediately and continue in the 2022-2023 school year. Eligible candidates must certified special education teachers in the state of Nevada, have previous experience with K-8 students, and a valid fingerprint clearance card.
- Must be a certified special education teacher in the state of Nevada
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- Must have experience working with K-8 students
- Must have a valid Fingerprint clearance card
- Plans and implements direct instruction in all core subject areas as needed per IEP
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom for organization and maximum instructional opportunities
- Instructs individuals and groups
- Monitors student progress
- Tracks data on monitoring and on IEP goals
- Adapts or Modifies curriculum as needed for appropriate instructional level of students
- Follows special education department procedures for developing, holding, and turning in student documentation including, but not limited to, IEPs, MET reports, Progress notes, and report cards
- Maintains effective contact with parents
- Administers, scores, and writes reports for achievement testing
- Collaborates with general education teachers having students on IEPs in their classes
- Trains paraeducators to support students in general education classes both academically and behaviorally and to gather data on goals
- Participates in Professional Leaning Committees when appropriate
- Ensures appropriate accommodations are in place for the general education classroom teacher to implement
- Develops an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2281