LOCATION: Boston, MA, United States02136
Special Education Teacher
We are urgently seeking certified Special Education Teachers for full-time positions working with middle and high school students in the Hyde Park, MA area. This position starts immediately and continues through the 2019-2020 school year. Eligible candidates must be certified to teach special education (grades 6-12) and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Candidates with experience working with children with disabilities are preferred.
- Provide direct services and consultative support to eligible children.
- Support children in specialized classrooms.
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans.
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student.
- Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each student’s abilities.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.