LOCATION: Harrisburg, PA, United States
Special Education Teacher
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with K-5 students in the Harrisburg, PA area. Eligible candidates must have their Special Education Certification for K-5 students and up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have PDE Special Ed Certification (for K-5).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Candidates with experience working with children with disabilities are preferred.
- Provide instruction based on approved curriculum.
- Develop and implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans to meet individual student needs.
- Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicate regularly with parents/guardians by means of conferences, notes, phone calls, e-mail and newsletters.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Identify pupil needs, makes appropriate referrals, and participates in developing strategies for individual education plans.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school.
- Plan and coordinate work of paraprofessionals and volunteers in the classroom and on educational trips.
- Create a functional and organized environment for learning.
- Utilize and implement behavior management, communication, conflict resolution techniques, progressive crisis intervention techniques, and perform Safe Crisis Management when required.