LOCATION: Chicago, IL, United States
Special Education Teacher – Chicago (RF: 1899)
We are currently seeking certified Special Education Teachers for full-time positions working with students in the Chicago, IL area. The Special Education Teacher will develop and provide specialized instruction to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities, as well as evaluate and assess student progress against instructional
objectives. Eligible candidates must be certified Special Education Teachers in the state of Illinois and have clear background checks.
- Must be a certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Illinois
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum)
- Must have clear background check
- Previous experience teaching Special Education is preferred
- Provides research-based specialized instruction to address the instructional goals and objectives
contained within each student’s IEP.
- Assesses student progress and determines the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to
- Employs various teaching techniques, methods and principles of learning to enable students to
meet their IEP goals.
- Develops and implements annual Individualized Educational Program (IEP) plans for students to
include: present levels of educational performance, special education needs, instructional goals
and objectives, and the special education and related services required to meet those goals.
- Schedules team meetings and works cooperatively with child study team members and others in
developing instructional goals and strategies.
- Coordinates the delivery of special education services in each student’s IEP.
- Creates a positive learning experience with emphasis in individualized instruction using
appropriate sources including i-pads.
- Serves as primary contact for the parent.
- Conducts special education evaluations and reevaluations.
- Provides direction, supervision and evaluation of educational assistants as directed.
- Complies with School Board policies and all state/federal rules and regulations.
- Completes all district and state reporting requirements
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1899