LOCATION: Chester, PA, United States
Special Education Teacher – Chester (RF: 2552)
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with high school students in the Chester, PA area. The position will begin immediately and continue next school year. Eligible candidates must have a Special Education Teaching Certification and up-to-date PA clearances.
- Must have a Special Education Teaching Certification
- Previous teaching experience in an urban setting preferred
- Must have current, up-to-date PA clearance
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance
- PA Criminal Background Check
- PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Act 168, Act 24
- Instructs students in academic areas by engaging students in learning, using a variety of presentation techniques, teaching relevant content, providing specific and timely feedback to students, and assessing progress.
- Utilizes appropriate and approved therapeutic interaction skills with clients
- Provides guidance and direction to support staff by sharing information, delegating responsibilities, providing feedback and training, and engaging staff in planning and scheduling tasks and activities.
- Effectively communicates student progress to parents/guardians and home school district, responds to parental concerns engaging the family in the instructional process.
- Understands team goals and own role within the team.
- Supports team decisions and cooperates with others within and outside the team.
- Completes responsibilities as assigned under supervision, seeking assistance as needed.
- Takes accountability for outcomes of own work and ensures timely completion of assignments.
- Utilizes crisis physical intervention techniques appropriate to the degree of threat to the safety of the client and others.
- Cooperates with and participates in quality improvement activities.
- Maintains compliance with all training/learning requirements and takes initiative in seeking opportunities for professional growth
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2552