LOCATION: Bloomfield, IN, United States47424
Special Education Teacher
We are seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with a small class of 7th-12th grade students in the Bloomfield, IN area. Eligible candidates must have valid IN State Teacher’s License (exceptional needs endorsement, mild or intense intervention).
- Must be a certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Indiana with exceptional needs endorsement, mild or intense intervention.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Develop individualized and/or group instruction to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Provide transitional support in inclusive/integrated learning environments as an aide to designated students.
- Assist in the development of and provide continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s).
- Reevaluate IEP’s when necessary.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties.
- Recognition and respect for diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning perform