LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ, United States 85016
7th-8th Grade Special Education Teacher – Phoenix
We are seeking a Special Education Teacher for a full-time position working with 7th and 8th-grade students in the Phoenix, AZ area. This position is for the 2021-2022 school year and begins in early August. Eligible candidates must have their AZ Special Education Teaching Certification and their AZ Fingerprint Card.
- Must have AZ Special Education Teaching Certification
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum)
- Must have AZ Fingerprint card
- Establish measurable learning goals and objectives with emphasis on academics and behavior.
- Determine the appropriate program of study to meet the specific needs of all students.
- Provide instruction based on established goals and objectives and individual student needs, according to each student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Maintain positive effective classroom management.
- Maintain accurate student records and documentation, i.e., IEPs, annual review meetings, progress reports, attendance, related service time, and accurate assessments.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with students, parents, colleagues, and administration.
- Continue to grow professionally through appropriate staff development opportunities and obtain a minimum of 15 clock hours of staff development each year.
- Adhere to all Board Policies and/or rules, Arizona Revised Statutes, and federal guidelines and regulations pertaining to education.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services, workshops, and school functions as directed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of children with disabilities including but not limited to Specific Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Intellectual Disabilities.
- Devise and maintain an up-to-date Individualized Education Program, (IEP) for each student, ensuring that it reflects the latest psychological evaluation.
- Develop a working and cooperative rapport with students’ parents or guardians to provide continuity between school and home.
- Basic knowledge of assistive technology.
- Be able to teach basic life skills, personal care skills, feeding, changing, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Able to teach basic skills within a general education class setting.
- Collaborate with all teachers who are involved with the special needs students to ensure fidelity of the IEP.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1765