LOCATION: Surprise, AZ, United States
Special Education Elementary K-8 Resource Teacher – Surprise
We are currently seeking a Special Education Elementary K-8 Resource Teacher for a full-time position working with students in the Surprise, AZ area for the duration of the 2020-2021 school year. The classroom will be a self-contained environment for students with significant behavioral needs. Eligible candidates must have their Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, a valid AZ Special Ed certificate, and must have previous experience as a special education teacher.
- Valid AZ Special Ed certificate
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Special Education or equivalent
- Must have previous experience as a special education teacher
- AZ Fingerprint card
- Create an environment that meets the individual needs and abilities of students that receive special education services; socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively.
- Provide support and services to students with disabilities so they may access the general education curriculum, within a full continuum of services.
- Maintains all aspects and provisions of confidentiality related to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Provides case management services for students on individual education plans (IEP) including all requirements related to the IEP and compliance of federal, state and district regulations/requirements.
- Prepares Individualized Education Plans (IEP’s) and associated documentation; attends IEP meetings and presents materials and lesson plans.
- Determines instructional materials and provides instruction to students based on individualized plan goals, approved curriculum and applicable standards.
- Maintains accurate and complete data records as required by the district.
- Serves as a consultant in the RTl process.
- Provides coaching and training to staff based on students’ individual education plans.
- Maintains on-going communication (written and verbal) with parents/guardians.
- Provides behavior management support and behavior intervention plan implementation to staff for students that receive special education services.
- Works with staff to implement appropriate accommodations and modifications within the school setting to allow for student success.
- Attends all staff meetings and professional development courses as required.
- Provides a safe learning environment with an effective classroom management plan
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1381