LOCATION: Avondale, AZ, United States
Special Education Resource Teacher
We are currently seeking a Special Education Resource Teacher for the 2019-2020 School Year for a full-time position working with 4th-8th grade students in the Avondale, AZ area. The school year starts July 23rd, 2019 and continues through the end of May 2020. Eligible candidates must be a certified Special Education teacher in the state of Arizona.
- Must have Special Education Teaching Certificate.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have valid AZ IVP Fingerprint card.
- Up-to-date clearances.
- Plans and implements direct instruction in all core subject areas as needed per IEP
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom for organization and maximum instructional opportunities
- Instructs individuals and groups
- Monitors student progress
- Tracks data on monitoring and on IEP goals
- Adapts or Modifies curriculum as needed for appropriate instructional level of students
- Follows special education department procedures for developing, holding, and turning in student documentation including, but not limited to, IEPs, MET reports, Progress notes, and report cards
- Maintains effective contact with parents
- Administers, scores and writes reports for achievement testing
- Collaborates with general education teachers having students on IEPs in their classes
- Trains paraeducators to support students in general education classes both academically and behaviorally and to gather data on goals
- Participates in Professional Leaning Committees when appropriate
- Ensures appropriate accommodations are in place for general education classroom teacher to implement
- Develops an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.