LOCATION: Fort Washington, PA, United States
Special Education – Autistic Support Teacher
We are currently seeking a certified Special Education Teacher for a full-time, Autistic Support position working with K-12 students in the Fort Washington, PA area. Candidates must have their N-12 Special Education Certification, and up-to-date clearances.
- Must have N-12 Special Education Certification in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have recent TB test.
- Must have excellent references.
- Serves as case manager for student IEPs; complies with all special education regulations and timelines and conducts IEP meetings.
- Plans, develops, and implements individualized and group instruction and therapeutic behavior management relative to the needs of the individuals or group.
- Manages the data collection process and procedure for students in the classroom and as part of the case manager; collaborates with school staff on data accuracy and problem solving for improved student outcomes and progress monitoring.
- Complete appropriate written reports, plans, and records relative to the educational program (point sheets, behavior data plans, academic progress, and social goals progress) in a timely and professional manner.
- Plan and facilitate instruction with adaptations as designated in the student’s IEP.
- Supervise and set clear expectations for paraeducator staff in their supportive role in the classroom, with the goal of ensuring best practices for all students educationally and therapeutically.
- Effectively manage the classroom environment, including engaging students and incorporating proactive behavior management strategies.
- Maintain an organized classroom that fosters structure and support conducive to learning.
- Fully engage in staff development trainings to continue to develop and maintain skills regarding the dynamic needs of students.
- Adhere to the core competencies of teacher expectations: planning and preparation, instructional delivery, content knowledge and pedagogy, and professionalism.
- Communicate regularly with parents or guardians.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1298