LOCATION: Beaufort, NC, United States28516
Speech Language Pathologist
We are seeking a certified Speech Language Pathologist for a full-time position working with K-12 students in the Beaufort, NC area.
- Must be a licensed Speech Language Pathologist in the state of North Carolina.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must have excellent references.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Conducts evaluation of students with communicative disorders.
- Evaluates and diagnoses speech and language disorders.
- Develops and implements individualized education plans to meet the unique needs of each student receiving therapy service.
- Develops appropriate service delivery models to meet the needs of students.
- Refers students to other professional and community agencies when needed.
- Consults with classroom teachers and other school personnel to facilitate carry-over of therapy gains into classroom activities.
- Provides information, support, and guidance to parents/guardians and families.
- Assists teachers in the identification of children with communicative disorders.
- Maintains records for students evaluated and receiving services.
- Informs administrators and other members of the educational team of program developments and student progress.
- Engages in personal professional growth and demonstrates professional ethics and leadership.
- Coordinates services with other school programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Adheres to school system rules, administrative procedures, local board policy, and state and federal rules and regulations.