LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States 19140
Semi-Virtual Special Education Teacher – Philadelphia (RF: 1790)
We are currently seeking a certified High School Science Special Education Co-Teacher for a full-time, semi-virtual position. The position will be work from home every day except Wednesdays. On Wednesdays you will be required to teach virtually from the classroom in North Philadelphia, PA 19140. This position will not have you creating curriculum, however, you will be implementing it, writing IEPs, and maintaining a caseload. Candidates must be SPED certified in the state of Pennsylvania and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- FBI Fingerprint
- PA Criminal Background Check
- PA Child Abuse clearance
- Act 168, Act 24
- Must have excellent references.
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans.
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student.
- Plan, organize and assign activities that are specific to each student’s abilities.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1790