LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA, United States 19138
School Social Worker – Philadelphia (RF: 1745)
We are currently seeking a Social Worker for a full-time position working with students with autism in the Philadelphia, PA area. This position will start in August and continue for a minimum of 12 weeks to cover a maternity leave. The position will have a daily schedule of 8am – 4pm, Monday through Friday. Eligible candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Social Work, be an LSW or LCSW, and have up-to-date clearances.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Must be an Licensed Social Worker, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Must have up-to-date clearances
- PA Criminal Background Check
- FBI Background Check
- Child Abuse Clearance
- TB Test/Physical
- Act 24
- Act 16
- Serve on student support teams and special education committees at assigned schools in the division.
- Review student records to identify previous barriers and/or interventions.
- Conduct parent interviews to acquire socio-developmental information as needed for special education referrals.
- Analyze information gained through record reviews and interviews to determine environmental impacts and appropriate resource needs; integrate gained information into a written report and oral presentation.
- Interview students and parents to discuss issues related to non-attendance and develop a plan of action.
- Assist the school in following school board regulations for excessive absences and truancy; attend student support team meetings and court intervention.
- Develop and implement professional development training for educational staff and parents, as requested.
- Provide individual and/or group counseling in response to school-wide crises.
- Respond to referrals requesting verification of residence.
- Participate in professional development activities aimed at current trends and best practices for the provision of comprehensive school social work services.
- Maintain an ongoing liaison with community agencies and other resources to meet student needs; refers parents and student to agencies when appropriate.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1745