LOCATION: Oswego, IL, United States
School Social Worker
We are currently seeking a School Social Worker for a full-time position working with K-12 students in a school in the Oswego, IL area.
- Must have valid/registered Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with School Social Worker Endorsement
- Must have Master’s Degree.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Experience working with high school students is preferred.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating an effective model of supports to improve transitions for students as they exit intensive psychiatric settings and return to the school environment.
- Improving stabilization during the transition process to reduce hospitalization and readmission rates.
- Provide direct educational and mental health services to students, as well as work with parents, educators, and other professionals to create supportive academic and social environments for all students.
- Employ data-based decision-making regarding multidisciplinary collaboration, functional behavior assessments and behavioral approaches.
- Build leadership to effectively help students succeed.
- Develop positive behavioral and academic interventions
- Monitor student progress and evaluations, program evaluations, and consult with educational staff, parents, and other professionals.