LOCATION: Port Huron, MI, United States
School Social Worker MSW
We are currently seeking a School Social Worker MSW for a part-time (16 hours/week) position working with students in the Port Huron, MI area. Eligible candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Social Work and a School Social Work Certification.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- School Social Work Certification
- Up-to-date clearances
- Serve on student support teams and special education committees at assigned schools in the division.
- Review student records to identify previous barriers and/or interventions.
- Conduct parent interviews to acquire socio-developmental information as needed for special education referrals.
- Analyze information gained through record reviews and interviews to determine environmental impacts and appropriate resource needs; integrate gained information into a written report and oral presentation.
- Interview students and parents to discuss issues related to non-attendance and develop a plan of action.
- Assist the school in following school board regulations for excessive absences and truancy; attend student support team meetings and court intervention.
- Develop and implement professional development training for educational staff and parents, as requested.
- Provide individual and/or group counseling in response to school-wide crises.
- Respond to referrals requesting verification of residence.
- Participate in professional development activities aimed at current trends and best practices for the provision of comprehensive school social work services.
- Maintain an ongoing liaison with community agencies and other resources to meet student needs; refers parents and student to agencies when appropriate.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 1294