LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV, United States 89113
School Psychologist – Las Vegas (RF: 2340)
We are currently seeking a School Psychologist for a full-time position working with K-8th grade students in the Las Vegas, NV area. This position is for the 2022-2023 school year and begins on August 3rd. Eligible candidates must be a certified School Psychologist in the state of Nevada and clear background clearances.
- Must be a certified School Psychologist in the state of Nevada
- Must have a Master’s degree in Education
- Educational specialist, certificate of advanced graduate studies, or sixth year professional certificate preferred
- Must have clear background clearances
- Lead the multidisciplinary evaluation team (MET) through the evaluation process when a student is referred for a special education evaluation.
- Complete comprehensive evaluations and use professional judgment in order to identify areas that need additional data collected.
- Participate in Legacy Traditional School non-violent crisis response team if trained.
- Conduct classroom observations as part of the special education evaluation process, child study team (CST) process and as a consultative process.
- Prepare cohesive and timely evaluation reports.
- Interpret assessment data and impart it to parents and MET members in a meaningful way.
- Identify students’ needs and develop programming recommendations based on evaluation outcomes.
- Lead the school team in the development and implementation of behavior plans.
- Lead the school’s pre-referral intervention team.
- Provide counseling services in alignment with student’s IEPs and/or 504 plans.
- Provide school based counseling in accordance with pre-referral intervention or informally.
- Facilitate training on topics related to position on an as-needed basis.
- Provide consultative services to teachers and administrators regarding behavioral and academic concerns.
- Other duties as assigned by the deputy superintendent of exceptional student services, special education coordinator, principal, school psychologist coordinator.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 2340