LOCATION: Easton, MD, United States 21601
School Psychologist – Easton
We are currently seeking a certified School Psychologist for a full-time position working with students in the Easton, MD area. Eligible candidates must be a certified School Psychologist in the state of Maryland and must have up-to-date clearances. We would also be willing to consider multiple part-time candidates to fill the full-time need.
- Must have a Master’s degree in School Psychology
- Must be a licensed School. Psychologist in the state of Maryland
- Previous experience working as a school psychologist, preferred.
- Must have up-to-date clearances.
- Administers standardized and/or supplemental assessments to measure the intellectual, adaptive, academic, social and emotional development of children and/or determine eligibility for services in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assesses students’ functional capabilities and home and/or classroom environment to determine student’s functional level and developing recommendations and/or placement.
- Communicates with students and/or parents with teachers and/or other personnel to evaluate situations, solve problems and/or resolve conflicts.
- Compiles information from a variety of sources (e.g. teachers, nurse, probation officer, mental health agencies, other professionals, etc.) to produce a comprehensive evaluation report in compliance with established guidelines.
- Consults with teachers, parents, other personnel and/or outside professionals to provide requested information, develop plans for services and/or make recommendations.
- Coordinates with community agencies including medical, judicial, social service and mental health services to determine appropriate treatments, etc. to meet the needs of specific students.
- Counsels students, parents and guardians to enhance student success in school.
- Develops behavior plans, curriculum modifications, etc. to implement treatment programs.
- Facilitates meetings, processes, etc. to meet curriculum guidelines and/or ensure that state mandates are achieved.
- Implements school wide program development and program evaluation (e.g. crisis intervention services, etc.) to ensure effective programs assist children who experience physical, mental, social or emotional difficulties.
- Intervenes in occurrences of inappropriate behavior of students and assists students in modifying such behavior and developing successful interpersonal skills.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars as assigned to convey and/or gather information required to perform functions.
- Prepares a wide variety of written materials (e.g. extension requests, correspondence, memos, behavior plans, Medicaid billings, reports, required documentation, Psych Ed Summary, Psych Report, etc.) to document activities, provide written reference, and/or convey information.
- Researches resources and methods (e.g. intervention and treatment techniques, assessment tools and methods, community resources, etc.) to determine the appropriate approach for addressing students’ functional goals.
- Supervises interns, practicum students and others to monitor performance, provide for professional growth and achieve overall objectives of school’s curriculum.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
At Humanus, we are devoted to making a difference and improving the lives of others. We proudly serve schools and behavioral health facilities throughout the nation. Our dedication and passion for helping others make us more than a referral service. Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health, choose positions that best fit your schedule, and allow yourself to grow professionally.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.
Send Resumes to email@example.com 1241